TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Dec 6th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #574
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Laureus Sportswoman Award But I think she should get the breakthrough award more (is there any award of this?). her results are not too consistent to be Sportswoman of the Year, plus she isn't the #1, so it won't work well for her. But hopefully the former tennis players committee members will still help her.
Yeah.

That's nice, right?

Because of the years of Yani (the Golfer) and another player who's name escapes me, I don't expect Petra to win for this season. I would like to see her make the final six though. As I mentioned, she could make a better case for herself (to make that final six), if she includes the Fed Cup victory in her Bio, and plays on what a miraculous season she had this year, with 3 different major titles. Hopefully, she'll have other chances in the following years with this award.

What I found interesting/ironic (especially in light of the 750+ #1 ranked Player GM thread, with many of her Stans telling TF she had the best year), was that Petra was chosen as the SOLE WTA representative. Makes sense to me. But it's just crazy how some other folks (who will remain nameless) live in a totally different world, when it comes to evaluating who actually had the best season. That was the reason why the thread got so long in the first place. Lol

Go Figure? SMH
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote