TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Russia travel advice

View Single Post

Old Nov 28th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #8
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Russia travel advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck View Post
I'm doing the Moscow-St Petersburg train thing in a couple of weeks. Will let you know how it goes.
Hey! Yes please. There are so many services I'm so confused. I am now going to fly to Russia but will still do the train trip between the two cities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shap_half View Post
I've always wanted to go to Russia -- so much that I tortured myself with five semesters of learning the language. The Visa thing ALWAYS turns me off going though. I just can't be bothered, because I'm a very last-minute traveler.

But I was planning on going to Russia for Fashion Week last year, and I did some hotel research and came up with these:

(I don't remember their location, but know that they are all boutique type properties.)

MOSCOW
Hotel Baltschug Kempinski
Ararat Park Hyatt Moscow
Mamaison All-Suites Spa Hotel Pokrovka Moscow

ST. PETERSBURG
Angleterre Hotel
Alexander House Boutique Hotel
Thanks for this list. Ultimately I'll decide based on location but these look pretty good. And you should really go especially if you've been learning the language. I have a few books on Russian but I've never seriously attempted to learn it. Maybe I might learn the alphabet before I go.

Pas de Quatre: Swan Lake, Giselle, The Nutcracker, Coppélia
Sam L is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote