TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 23rd, 2011, 04:47 PM   #1814
country flag gabybackhand

gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of gabybackhand has much to be proud of
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorroger View Post
It is great ''talking'' to you again, those were fun times at the original SG thread. After having been a fan for such a long time, I have to say that my favorite matches are the ones in the latter stages of her career, maybe she wasn't as quick and mentally strong as in the late 80s, begin 90s, but to me the way she played tennis with her final racket (the Black Wilson), was like watching someone who has been great at st for a very long time, hard to explain, I just watched some '99 matches of her on youtube and the way she hits, is so different than from her best years, again difficult to explain, to me the Max 200g was a lot of hard work for her and the Wilson made her shots so much easier and nicer to look at. Great to have you back, hope you are well!
I think alike, I guess you can say that Graf played with some "detachment" in her shots in her finals years, and I had that same sensation about other greats in the last part of their careers, when they seem to master their "art" with such ease that they could do some things "with eyes closed" and you just enjoy their calmness when doing smth so difficult, making it look so easy.
Great to "talk" to you both, Alfa and WarriorR
Merciless Monica - Barcelona Bumblebee
gabybackhand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote