TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Australian Players: A to Z

View Single Post

Old Nov 22nd, 2011, 08:55 PM   #32
country flag GeeTee

GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future GeeTee has a brilliant future
Re: Australian Players: A to Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
That's for me to know and you to never find out!

P. S. You have a slight typo in Peter Bolton's info-you must have tired as you got towards Z!. If my memory is correct Peter Bolton was killed in combat, shot down in an air raid voer Cologne, Germany.
So do you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Perhaps at a later date if you have time (and trust me I mean "if") you might be able to use those deleted posts for other areas of expansion-perhaps a listing of players by state for example.
Yeah - that could be something to do. Still not sure - I was going to sleep on it, but even though the first coffee has kicked in, I'm still umming and ahhing.

I could also use them to list some of the "mystery women" - eg the Dransfields - who are still driving me crazy. I could list my suspicions (eg that there are three sisters - Nellie, Mary and Margaret - and that Margaret might well have been known as Peggy - the 'P Dransfield' that you sometimes see) and perhaps others might be able to add their own info/thoughts to (hopefully) help work out who's who.

Though (at this moment) I reckon I might just include them in the general A-Z with a 'work in progress' type text box listing any assumptions/discussion points. Let me know what you think.

Yesterday I was mulling the idea of making this thread an 'A-Z of Australian Tennis History' including tournament notes/honour rolls, facts about the development of the game downunder etc. Then I figured even the A-Z of players was ambitious enough for a start. I think I may eventually do a 'History' thread but I'll think about it a bit more first.

Anyway - time for more coffee!
GeeTee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote