TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #1805
country flag Warriorroger

Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold Warriorroger is a splendid one to behold
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
And if you study the famous Sabatini celebration closely, she's actually looking back and forth from the linesman and the umpire for confirmation that the call went her way, so she really wasn't sure either, she just started celebrating and knew if she didn't get the call, the crowd (which was heavily in her favor) would get into it. That particular shot, to me, is just as clearly out as Serena's down the line backhand against Capriati was in.

I'm still not so sure about hawkeye. I've seen, and continue to see computer generated shot spot depictions that aren't even where the ball landed. There are times that the naked eye does see a shot clearly, and wide or in down the line shots are some of the more easy calls on court to make.
Great to see you post again Alfajeffster, it has been a long time. Going back to that match; Sabatini was the better player that day (IMO), a better gameplan and execution and deserved to win. To me the 1989 loss against ASV at RG was more painful.
Warriorroger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote