TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Russia travel advice

View Single Post

Old Nov 15th, 2011, 04:05 AM   #4
country flag Cineast

Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold Cineast is a splendid one to behold
Re: Russia travel advice

Fly from Paris.

For the train from Moscow to St. Petersburg, you can take an overnight train. It used to be Leningradsky Vokzal in Moscow, but I think the name's been changed to Oktyabrsky. The express trains take about four hours, but from what I saw look much more expensive (I think it was €80 vs. €40 or less). Unfortunately the ticketing info only seems to be in Russian; the English version of the site doesn't seem to sell tickets.

Edit: Apparently RZhD now has a train from Paris to Moscow, which you probably saw, but the tickets are €330 for a 37-hour trip, which is twice what I saw for a one-transfer plane trip.

Last edited by Cineast : Nov 15th, 2011 at 04:11 AM.
Cineast is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote