TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Russia travel advice

View Single Post

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 11:40 AM   #1
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute
Russia travel advice

I know Crazy Canuck has an extensive and very informative thread on Russia but I'm not going to live there. I'll be there for about a week or so next year. So I'm just trying to get some ideas on transport and where to stay etc.

So I need to go from Paris to Moscow then Petersburg and then return to Paris. Ideally, I want to go by train for the first two legs but don't mind flying. Has anyone traveled by train from Paris to Moscow? I've done my research and there is only one service that could find but when I tried to test book a trip, it didn't allow me.

I'm assuming it's relatively easy to catch a train from Moscow to Petersburg and I think it's only a few hours? But do you still need to book and where do you buy these tickets?

Next is I'm looking for nice hotels to stay. I'm looking for safe and central places to stay preferably near stations.

I think that's about it for now. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know by posting here or PM. Feel free to suggest things to do as well but I think my calendar will already be full with things I've planned.

Thanks in advance.