TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Nov 14th, 2011, 10:15 AM   #1804
country flag alfajeffster

alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute alfajeffster has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by djul14 View Post
Still have a doubt, with the hawkeye we would have been sure. Anyway that's the past.
I was surprised how she doubted if out or not but finally didn't really discussed the decision (so perhaps it wasin actually LOL), some other players would have gone mad (McEnroe, Roddick, S Williams)
And if you study the famous Sabatini celebration closely, she's actually looking back and forth from the linesman and the umpire for confirmation that the call went her way, so she really wasn't sure either, she just started celebrating and knew if she didn't get the call, the crowd (which was heavily in her favor) would get into it. That particular shot, to me, is just as clearly out as Serena's down the line backhand against Capriati was in.

I'm still not so sure about hawkeye. I've seen, and continue to see computer generated shot spot depictions that aren't even where the ball landed. There are times that the naked eye does see a shot clearly, and wide or in down the line shots are some of the more easy calls on court to make.