TennisForum.com - View Single Post - String recommendation needed

View Single Post

Old Nov 11th, 2011, 12:49 AM   #5
country flag Kipling
Kaptain of Kool

Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute Kipling has a reputation beyond repute
Re: String recommendation needed

Thanks.

I have several racquets from when I was experimenting after my shoulder surgery a few years ago and I took them out and looked at the strings for comparison. I have a Head Microgel that was strung with Babolat Pro Hurricane Tour on the mains and Wilson NXT 16 on the crosses and that combination almost caused my arm to fall off. And then I've got another Prince O3 strung with some type of Prince string--it might be synthetic gut, but it's difficult to read the script on it.

A friend and his daughter who I see at the courts regularly let me play with their racquets when they saw that I had broken a string. She's on one of the local high school teams, and he coaches her. It felt like hitting bricks using their racquets--they had some custom string combinations that were obviously designed more for control than power. But it was quite interesting. I think I realized for the first time that strings, a lot moreso than frames, made a huge difference in players' games.

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
'
Kipling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote