TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 9th, 2011, 03:04 PM   #51
country flag Dazza01

Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold Dazza01 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
I think it's very similar. It's partly a real problem due to the way their games match up, and partly a deep-seated lack of confidence in their own ability to do anything at all to really hurt Sam. This is precisely Sam's problem against her nemeses. Beating Maria and taking a set off Petra in Istanbul might help change that in the future, but she kind of spoiled it a bit by losing so badly to Vika.
I think it'll help against Maria and Petra - I have confidence that Sam usually plays her matches tailored to the player, not a generic play. She just needs more time for Azarenka, it looks like. (Plus, Azarenka was playing some very good tennis at this YEC, so she shouldn't be too displeased in the result.)

I think it would just be a wonderful study into how complex the mind is, and how it is trained/behaves differently to stimuli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stromatolite View Post
No idea why that would be bleeped out. I assumed you meant it as a deleted expletive, as in "...by golly, her defense"

Maybe I should have left it an enigma - so people could draw their own conclusions as you did.

Amélie Mauresmo - Samantha Stosur
Dazza01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote