TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 8th, 2011, 05:52 AM   #27
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPersian View Post
I saw in the 2010 version of the top 10 liked/disliked topic that Sam was ranked overall as the 200th+ most popular player
It's pretty shocking that she was ranked this low, but I'm not surprised that she didn't do too well. For some reason a large proportion of the worst category of trolls really dislikes Sam. I think they can't stand the fact that she just gets on with the business of playing tennis, without having her own designer line of tennis outfits, with no soap-stars in her box, without grunting or abusing the officials, and generally not being a drama queen. As well, for most of them their fav being beaten once in an important match by Sam is grounds enough for a lifetime of hatred. Jerks like this are attracted to these polls like bees to a honeypot. I take heart from the fact that Sam is both respected and liked by practically everybody involved in tennis in a professional capacity. I don't think she needs to lose any sleep if a bunch of hideous trolls hates her.

Btw: rank 200+ is not as bad as it looks. The way these contests work is that players get + points for being liked and - points for being disliked. So any player who gets + points from a lonely fan and no - points will be ranked higher than all players who get a lot of both, but more - than +. Stupid scoring system for a stupid poll.

Last edited by stromatolite : Nov 8th, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
stromatolite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote