TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 7th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #23
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymnos View Post
I think it's definately possible to reach the top 2 in the first half of 2012, considering defending points, her game and her performance lately. But can she do it? Siderophyre is right. Our aspirations are our possibilities. If she really wants to reach the world No 1 and win a few more slams, she certainly has the potential to do so. And her willingness, her attitude and her competitiveness the past few months show that if she doesn't have the killer instinct yet, she is closer to it than ever.

I can't wait for 2012!
Well put! These are exciting times, for Sam and for us. Knowing that she has the potential to win more slams and go to the top of the rankings but not knowing for sure whether she'll actually do it is pretty nerve wracking at times, but I think you're right about the killer instinct. It's not there all the time, but she's shown flashes of ruthlessness the last couple of months that I never thought I'd see in her. And she finally seems to have shrugged off that lingering doubt she always seemed to have about whether she really belongs at the top. If she doesn't do as well next year as we all hope, it won't be because she lacks the guts to go for it.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote