TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 12:22 PM   #18
country flag stromatolite

stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute stromatolite has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

I know I'm just a hopelessly biased fanboy, but I'm surprised that I'm the only one so far predicting Sam will crack the top 2 next year. A lot of people (not just on this thread) are predicting that she'll win RG next year, and most see her as a legitimate contender (though obviously not the favorite) for the AO as well. The extra points Sam would gain if she won just one of those two titles is almost exactly equal to her current rankings deficit with respect to the top 2. Factoring in the modest number of points she is defending in general in the first half of the year, I think there is a real chance that she could peak at no. 2 or even no. 1 next year. Because she's got her USO points to defend she probably won't end the year ranked that high, but I think she could certainly have a stint at or close to the top of the rankings.
stromatolite is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote