TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

View Single Post

Old Nov 4th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #16
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sammy's 2011 Party and Off-Season Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRUstus View Post
10) What do you predict in 2012 for Sam (ranking, tournmanets, H2Hs with particular players etc.)?
don't like predict. I only hope that Sam will be healthy. If she will, so I guess there will be a lot of her great wins vs any girls of top5, top10, top20 ..... top1000
Good answer. I guess the main thing is that she's healthy and happy and competing hard. If she does that, we can't complain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisforadults
Why should it be B-grade? It will be directed by Quentin Tarantino and Sam will kick everyone's ass. Like Kill Bill.

Uma Thurman wouldn't be a bad choice to play her in a movie, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymons
3) What fictional character does Sam remind you of?
I would pick the character of Sarah Connor from the Terminator films, played by Linda Hamilton. In the first film, Sarah is an ordinary and timid person, certainly not tough. She is a woman who needs protection. And then, in Terminator 2 she rises to the challenge. The timid victim has been transformed into a muscular woman, a warrior, a survivor. I think she is the embodiment of a female fighter in fiction. And yet, there are scenes in the film when you can still see the vulnerability behind the muscles. I think it's the same thing with Sam. The timid player who could be blown off the court a few years ago has become a fighter, a survivor, a major threat for the best players of the game, because she belongs among the best IMHO...

P.S. Yes, this is my first post and hopefully not the last. No, I don't know why it took me so long.
Hi and nice to meet everybody!
Sup We need all the people we can get. I'm fairly certain Sam's performances are directly positively correlated with how many people are obsessively posting about her in this forum

These movie-character answers are great.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote