TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 07:08 PM   #220
country flag Andiyan

Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute Andiyan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

Quote:
Elise Tamaela is favored by the International Tennis Federation in her case against the Dane Mihai Barbat. The father of tennisplayer Karen Barbat is banned from all tournaments under the flag of the ITF for a period of two years, until October 20, 2013.

The occasion for the verdict were events that happened at an event in the German town of Versmold, on August 8 this year. According to Tamaela, she ended up in an altercation after a racist remark of Mihai Barbat, while they were in the stands at a match between the Dutch Danielle Harmsen and Karen Barbat. Following this, Barbat hit her so hard that Tamaela ended up in the hospital.

"I am disappointed by this verdict," says Tamaela in AD. " I think a ban of two years is too little. I got knocked out and was beaten into the intensive care area. In some other cases, people are suspended for life. But I realize in such cases it is usually a parent who hits his own daughter. Nevertheless I still expected a ban for like, 5 years or so. "

Furthermore the ITF did not state any subject-matters about the case. Barbat, who also got a fine, still has the right of appeal.

Tamaela tries to settle things in an other way. "A lawyer in Germany is working for me to let him compensate the costs I had to deal with because of the injury and the recovering period. I'm sure I lost at least 1100 euros to the ambulance and the hospital because of this. Besides I had to skip five tournaments because of it and I still occasionally suffer from dizziness and headaches. "
Source: http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/11/SP...verwacht.dhtml
Andiyan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote