TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Grace Min

Thread: Grace Min
View Single Post

Old Oct 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM   #6
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Grace Min

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srodgers View Post
Grace has been doing really well on the Pro tour recently, not to mention her Jr US Open championship!

She has made the final of this weeks 25k Rock Hill and takes on Oprandi tomorrow.

Best of luck in the future Grace

I have been amazed too with how well she's been doing as of late. Winning the doubles at Wimbledon-Juniors, then winning the singles at US Open-Juniors. Winning 5 matches at Troy $50k and 7 matches at Rock Hill $25k, during back to back weeks in October, speaks volumes of her physical endurance and mental focus.

At her young age, she seems to have a great perspective. She doesn't allow a player's ranking intimidate her. She doesn't put pressure on herself to win a tournament and has a clever way of breaking it down into 2 events, 1st event prior to quarters, 2nd event is quarters and beyond, so that her thinking at that quarters is like trying to win the 1st round. Strategy wise she knows how to battle against bigger opponents, mixing up the paces, hitting that extra ball, etc.

What I notice on the scoreboard, but don't know what is happened behind the scenes is that she has considerable success beating opponents, as of late, who have beaten her previously...like Lauren Davis, Ahsha Rolle, Nicole Gibbs. Also, I recall Nicole saying in an interview that she was surprised how well Grace was playing her, as if her game went to the next level. I think this was at the US Open-Juniors, this year.

Whatever she's doing, it seems to be working, so I hope she can continue this success. Especially being able to make adjustments in her game to beat an opponent, who she previously lost to. Her confidence has got to be at an all-time high. I really think she will climb higher in the rankings in 2012 and will definitely pull some upsets.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote