TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Slam appearances of Croats, 1997 - today

View Single Post

Old Oct 25th, 2011, 06:55 AM   #9
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Slam appearances of Croats, 1997 - today

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
How do you calculate the score for the year? And what does underlined text mean?
- score for the year is the sum of points awarded for the furthest round our girls reached in each of the four slams that year; to explain with an example...

This year they have reached:

USO R2 (2 points)
W R2 (2 points)
RG R1 (1 point)
AO R2 (2 points)
2+2+1+2 = 7

This really gives a great measure of success on slams for the year.

- underlined text shows you which girl went further than all the other girls at a particular slam; so if some girl goes beyond R1 and reaches a certain round while all the rest go out before her, that's the name that'll be underlined

Quote:
Originally Posted by networthy View Post
Ozegovic in R2 of a GS event And Mamic twice

So the record for most Croatian women in a GS MD is four. Predictions, anyone, on when that record will be broken? And who will be in the group that breaks it?
Yes, both, Ozegovic and Mamic were quite good players at their best. And I remember how people used to say they suck, just because they couldn't come close to the likes of Sprem, Talaja etc. What to say of the most of the "current crop" then?

It really turns out we never had more than four of them in the MD at once, but I'm not so interested in how many of them there will be, but I'm more into how far they'll go.
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote