TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

View Single Post

Old Oct 21st, 2011, 06:27 AM   #301
country flag Purple_Rain

Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of Purple_Rain has much to be proud of
Re: Tsvetana Pironkova Cheering Thread! vol2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominatorb2 View Post
Tsveti lost 7:5 7:5 against Kuznetsova

Reposting my comments from the results thread...

It was very close, but Kuzzy could have won 6-1, 6-1 if she had timed her return of serve better. Tsveti got a lot more aggressive in the second set after she was content to push and wait for errors for much of the first set. She had a lot of chances to break Kuzzy (30-0, not necessarily BP), but couldn't seem to play her best tennis in those situations. It seemed that Kuzzy was winning a lot of the long rallies by hitting sharp backhands CC and DTL.

As for Tsveti's forehand, it was the same old story -- mostly pushing, a lot of short balls, and then occasionally she'd have a swing at it and usually put it in the court. But she has no consistency with any successful strategy on that wing. Her backhand is not as good as people say it is, but it is pretty consistent. She used it to get out of trouble a few times on her own serve, but missed an easy one at 30-30 in the last game on Kuzzy's serve.

I don't know how the stats ended up like that. Maybe they never counted Kuzzy's second serve return shanks. Tsveti almost never hit her returns out.
~~~
Special Mention: Jarka Gajdosova, queen headcase of the WTA
Purple_Rain is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote