TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

View Single Post

Old Oct 8th, 2011, 11:56 AM   #1027
country flag Kylger

Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute Kylger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Kaia Kanepi Cheering Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I though it could have been really smart for Maret Ani to turn into just a doubles player like Lisa Raymond cause she's really good and she might have been able to play with Margit as they make a good team (they beat wickmayer and flipkens in Belgium in Fed Cup) but she decided to quit altogether. I guess the plan is to try and equip Margit as a doubles player and for her and Kaia to fluke an ITF Olympic Wildcard. Apparently, the ITF is making a new initiative that the juniors with the best transitions onto the senior circuit get ITF wildcards (unless of course they are from Russia or anotehr country that has already got 4 players in their team). If this is so, then Anett Kontaveit might get an ITF Wildcard. She has already won 2 futures this year and if she can play a few higher level challengers next year before the olympics (75+h and 100k) and she gets her ranking between 150 and 300, she might fluke a wildcard.
That is more than unlikely. Margit has the same issue that Dinara Safinas has. Margit's back can not take too much pressure. A few matches and then her back usually starts hurting so bad, she has difficulty to move around even.

That's why I'm saying she might play Helsinki 25k with Anett.
TT: Rank Singles 137 (High: 31), Doubles 30 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Kylger is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote