TennisForum.com - View Single Post - barker vs evert and austin question....

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 07:36 PM   #22
country flag Sumarokov-Elston

Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all Sumarokov-Elston is a name known to all
Re: barker vs evert and austin question....

Quote:
Originally Posted by daze11 View Post
I think this clip actually does give some weight & credence to Ms HORVATH's claim of Steffi Grafism in the game of Sue Barker. That is some forehand...and plenty of running around the backhand to deliver it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwDgx14Ca28
Yes, that was Sue Barker's trademark shot alright. I enjoyed the match, but Chris is looking all skin and bone! I wonder if there was some reason for her disastrous (by her standards) second half of 1981, marriage problems or something? She was thin enough as it was at Wimbledon, but here she is painfully thin. And when she went to collect the trophy with her hair down, I could have sworn it was Martina Navratilova! The hair looks so similar. I can imagine the remarks they used to get if they ever went out together around that time: "Look at those pair of dykes with the matching haircuts"!
Sumarokov-Elston is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote