TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

View Single Post

Old Oct 6th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #44
country flag Bonfire

Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute Bonfire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Congrats Princess Karolina On One Year At The Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
To me the issue is less about her not winning a grand slam than it is about her inability to beat the best players, i.e. Serena and Clijsters. Her defensive skills may be enough to get past everyone else, and she is really consistent, but she she doesn't have the weapons to beat either of them. That may be irrelevant at this point because they are both injured all of the time. Still, if it were me, I'd want to know that I had the weapons to at least have a shot at beating the best. For me, that makes her #1 not all that impressive. Also, when she lost #1 for one week, it was to a part-time player. What does that say that someone who plays a part-time schedule can become #1 over someone who plays everything? And before any of you call me a Caro-hater - I'm not at all...I think she seems like a very nice girl, I just can't stand her game. It's consistent, but it's boring.

Oh, I guess I should say: Congratulations Caroline on being consistent, healthy, and having the good luck to have the best players be old and injured, and everyone else being headcases!

But even though she hasn't beaten either one of them doesn't mean that she can't. She was one point away from being back on serve late in the third set against Kim at the YEC. And even though it was at a smaller tournament, she certainly has also given Serena trouble in the past.
I still think if given more opportunities, she can do it.

W
ozniacki - Stephens - Vandeweghe
Townsend - Stosur - Kvitova
Isner - Wawrinka - Sock - Berdych - Raonic

Bonfire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote