TennisForum.com - View Single Post - barker vs evert and austin question....

View Single Post

Old Oct 1st, 2011, 09:27 PM   #16
country flag Kathy Horvath

Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice Kathy Horvath is just really nice
Re: barker vs evert and austin question....

Recently on YouTube someone has fortunately posted the 1976 French Open semi, Ruzici v Barker and also the Wimbeldon semi Barker v Stove. In both, particuarly the Ruzici match, you can see the forehand. Raw talent I think.

I know Baltacha beat Schiavone but Bally isnt really in the same class as Barker. Bally talks a good game but she doesnt execute. She is a good top 65 player but hasnt got the weapons to get beyond second rounds in GS. Barker had weapons. We havent had a GB player for so long to get into 3rd and 4th Rounds at GS tournaments. This may well change with Watson and Robson (who has just beaten two good players to reach the 1st round in China).
Kathy Horvath is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote