TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Eva Asderaki

Thread: Eva Asderaki
View Single Post

Old Sep 18th, 2011, 01:31 AM   #535
country flag OoohBarracuda

OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all OoohBarracuda is a name known to all
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
2007 Dubai? Pretty sure that was the match when she forgot the score. I never saw the match either, but the score was 40-15 but Eva called it as 30-30 and the referee came out and had to fix it. It was a bit of a mess, and she said once in an interview (I forgot when) that it wasn't one of her finer moments.

EDIT: I FOUND IT! http://www.tennisnews.gr/inside-tenn...e/540-asderaki
This is a really abysmal Google translation but you get the point.

tennisnews.gr: Describe us your worst experience on the chair?

E. Asderaki: To race in Dubai and since there were several interruptions in the game between Jankovic vs. Mauresmo delivered this speech wrong score, when it was time for a mess that was resolved with the help of the umpire [referee]. It was a mistake that should not be done.
Thanks for the article. Thas was very interesting to read, a few things I didn't know. I really wanna hear her speak Italian. I wish I'd watched the Schiavone-Jankovic match in Cincy! Also it would be really cool to see her play tennis. I would love to see the umpires play in doubles, maybe her and Mo would make a good team

Fingers crossed she gets the Wimbledon final next year, seems that would be especially exciting for her. Though I'd be more than happy to see her in any GS final

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
1,004 FB fans as of right now.

She's going to snatch Mo's wig as most popular umpire soon.
That's awesome! Her fan count as almost doubled in the past couple of weeks. So much Eva love
OoohBarracuda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote