TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Eva Asderaki

Thread: Eva Asderaki
View Single Post

Old Sep 17th, 2011, 02:09 AM   #533
country flag Root

Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute Root has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentine View Post
2007 Dubai? Pretty sure that was the match when she forgot the score. I never saw the match either, but the score was 40-15 but Eva called it as 30-30 and the referee came out and had to fix it. It was a bit of a mess, and she said once in an interview (I forgot when) that it wasn't one of her finer moments.

EDIT: I FOUND IT! http://www.tennisnews.gr/inside-tenn...e/540-asderaki
This is a really abysmal Google translation but you get the point.

tennisnews.gr: Describe us your worst experience on the chair?

E. Asderaki: To race in Dubai and since there were several interruptions in the game between Jankovic vs. Mauresmo delivered this speech wrong score, when it was time for a mess that was resolved with the help of the umpire [referee]. It was a mistake that should not be done.
Thanks for the link. First time stumbling on this article. I had to put up with the abysmal Google translation but it was quite an interesting read.

It seems that many chair umpires have started the same way: they were asked if they wanted to become linejudges at their club, local tournament, etc.

She mentioned how she'd love to be on the chair of a Wimbledon final. Please let it happen in 2012.

On a side note, I love how the word "arbitration" and its verb were mentioned at least 10 times or so. Isn't it a law-related term?
Root is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote