TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Eva Asderaki

Thread: Eva Asderaki
View Single Post

Old Sep 17th, 2011, 12:47 AM   #531
country flag Jane Lane

Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute Jane Lane has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Eva Asderaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by OoohBarracuda View Post
Thanks!

I only really started fully following tennis this year, even though I've been a fan of the sport for a number of years, but I've missed a lot of matches that have been mentioned a lot, like the Mauresmo/Jankovic match in Dubai Eva was umpiring. Could someone give me any details on what happened during that? I can't seem to find any videos on it sadly.
2007 Dubai? Pretty sure that was the match when she forgot the score. I never saw the match either, but the score was 40-15 but Eva called it as 30-30 and the referee came out and had to fix it. It was a bit of a mess, and she said once in an interview (I forgot when) that it wasn't one of her finer moments.

EDIT: I FOUND IT! http://www.tennisnews.gr/inside-tenn...e/540-asderaki
This is a really abysmal Google translation but you get the point.

tennisnews.gr: Describe us your worst experience on the chair?

E. Asderaki: To race in Dubai and since there were several interruptions in the game between Jankovic vs. Mauresmo delivered this speech wrong score, when it was time for a mess that was resolved with the help of the umpire [referee]. It was a mistake that should not be done.

Last edited by Jane Lane : Sep 17th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Jane Lane is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote