TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 8th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #1732
country flag Stef-fan

Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all Stef-fan is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTN View Post
Did you guys see this link? http://m.yahoo.com/w/sports/home/blo...tl=US&.lang=en

If you scroll all the way down, you see this:

"On the day Connors beat Krickstein, Steffi Graf was set to play the next match. Twice she was asked if she wanted to move her match to Grandstand so she wouldn't have to wait. Both times she declined, saying she wanted to see Connors play."

I think it's cool that Steffi was really interested to watch the Connors match even if it meant her own match was delayed. (It does make me wonder though if the delay of her match had any impact on her overall fitness in the tournament and thus her eventual semifinal loss to Navratilova in the semis LOL)
I was reminded of that SF loss too when I read that. But no excuses though as Martina had to wait as well.
Remember reading soemwhere that Steffi said that as a kid she loved watching Connors and Mc Enroe play (what a contrast to her shy, reserved self).
Stef-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote