TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Womens Tennis in General

View Single Post

Old Sep 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM   #14
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Womens Tennis in General

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedRise View Post
If it makes it to that, I think Caro has a chance against Serena (at least more than the odds give her). Somebody started a thread in GM on this (and got summarily dismissed) but I think the only way you beat Serena right now is to get her moving without giving her much to hit (easier said than done), like Vika in the second set against her. The commentators talk about her fitness, but I'm not seeing that -- I think she could end up looking like Svetlana in a long 3-set match.
Making a long three-set match out of it is the hard part of course. I'm not sure what Caroline should do. Trying to move Serena around without giving her much to hit is an option for Vika because she hits with more pace than Caroline. I don't know. I remember Capriati doing well against Serena by hitting to the middle of the court and not giving her any angles. Serena used to make more UE than usual in those matches.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote