TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 07:49 PM   #190
the cat

the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute the cat has a reputation beyond repute
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetlio View Post
Amen. Its nothing embarrassing to seek for help when its needed. A shrink would do wonders for Maria.
Of course it's not embarrassing to seek help from a sports psychologist. But I'm not expecting Maria to get that type of help. I would think her major double fault problem would be more embarrassing than using a sports psyhcologist would be for her. Elena Dementieva played her entire 12 year WTA career with a terrible serve and a huge double fault problem and that took a toll on Elena. She should still be playing but retired last year. She had had enough and who can blame her? Maria can still correct some things with her servve but it's likely the 2011 version of Sharapova is the one we will see for the most part the next couple of years. Masha is still a good player but I can't see her getting to the next level again unless someone helps her with her serve and mental frailty where serving to stay in sets and matches at the grand slams is concerned.. Her opponents believe double faults are coming from Maria in tight spots. Sadly Maria probably believes the same thing. That needs to change if she is to win a nother grand slam singles title and I still want that for her. We all do.
Happiness is like a cat. If you try to coax it or call it, it will avoid you. It will never come. But if you pay no attention to it and go about your business, you'll find it rubbing up against your legs and jumping into your lap. - William Bennett

http://cornedbeefhash.files.wordpres...arcelona08.jpg
the cat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote