TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 5th, 2011, 10:42 AM   #1729
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajeffster View Post
You wouldn't have had time to think. I met her twice, and I've never seen a tennis player move so quickly! After a match in Philadelphia, I was talking to Janella Rachelle (Steffi's photographer), and suddenly there was Graf in front of me. I had 2 seconds (literally) to shove my coffee table book in front of her, which she signed, but the whole thing was almost like a blur, that's how fast she moves. I know this because of a similar incident a few years earlier after another Steffi match win. She came out of the little press tent on her way to the locker room, and it was all I could do to stick my program out for her to scribble on- the people standing next to me didn't even realize it was her- expecting some kind of entourage to emerge, but zing- she was nearly running, and poof! she was gone. That's how fast she walks!
Too fast ! But you ve met her twice ?
And this woman had the time to talk to her and take a picture.

Gasquet bumped into me in Metz (during the tournament), I almost shout at him, but he looked so sorry and said "pardon" so I let him go
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote