TennisForum.com - View Single Post - time to hire up a coach?

View Single Post

Old Sep 4th, 2011, 06:16 AM   #183
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Re: time to hire up a coach?

Her serve problem can't be solved by if there's such a thing called 'serve coach'. Partly is because she's not having a shoulder that she used to serve freely anymore and she has no control over that. Majority is due to the pressure to hold service games in a tight match. Let's face it, she can't serve when it matters most. That's why she's going for her second serve more than she used to now to force something to happen on her service game.

But leave that serve issue aside as I don't think it's gonna change. What I think Hogstedt should work on now is her return game if she really wants to rely on it. Nowadays she's going for too much and her opponents realized that and sometimes they just put the ball in and Maria would commit errors misfiring. She should know when she should/can go for more and when to back off. Many times she said she could have stepped in more but how come she couldn't do that at that time? She needs to construct points more smarter than before. And her forehand, well always her forehand, where is the consistency and reliability?
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote