TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Sep 1st, 2011, 12:39 PM   #3110
country flag Steven.

Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute Steven. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
NEW YORK, NY, USA - Maria Sharapova kept her perfect record in night matches at the US Open alive on Wednesday night, overpowering Belarusian Anastasiya Yakimova in a match that ended after midnight, 61 61.

Sharapova, seeded No.3, struggled in her first round against Heather Watson on Monday, battling back from a set down to beat the athletic Brit, 36 75 63; she had far fewer problems with Yakimova, improving to 14-0 in her career in night matches at the Open (more specifically 13-0 in night matches on Ashe).

"I played a pretty tricky opponent tonight who didn't play the typical kind of tennis. Sliced a lot, a lot of high balls. Maybe the first couple of games I was a little bit impatient," Sharapova said. "Then I got really steady. I was aggressive. I still felt I could have moved in a little bit more, but overall I played solid."

Sharapova was asked about Venus Williams' withdrawal from earlier in the day. "I hope it's not obviously the end of her career. I still feel like, although she's a bit older, she's still one of the fittest players on tour and one of the most dangerous when she's playing well. It's obviously tough in sport - I always mention how important health is. It's just the way it goes sometimes."

Source: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/201108...256076_2438227
why is this girl so GOAT in arbitrary stats? Why can't she just be one of the GOAT in tennis instead?