TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

View Single Post

Old Aug 21st, 2011, 09:32 PM   #1833
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alexandra Dulgheru!!!

We still have to keep up the level in here, so a formal scoreboard analyze from me:

3 things to say:

1.) She obviously lacks self-confidence

0/4 on BPs while Fran was 4/6 is quite disappointing, but understandable after such a long time off. The return is still one of the importatnt parts of her game, especially if we look at the wonky serve of hers. Still no doubt that she can break weaker opponents at the US Open regularly with her abilities.

2.) She was still rusty which can be seen on 7 DFs and many other footfaults , as well as her lack of power and strength at the end of the match (Fransexa's fastest service game ever ). Let's hope she will get some double matches under her belt (with Benesova ). This may help her, but we shouldn't forget that Schiavone on the other hand seems to be one of the most enduring opponents of the tour.

3.) Pity the match wasn't streamed, but she obviously changes her service which I appreciate a lot!
It's something I noticed throughout the year, but today it became very obvious that she is going for mor risk and not the amount of first serves. However, she won a decent amount of points on her first serve against a good return player!
Of course she has to rise also her amount of first serves now, but it definitely seems to pay-off, at least next year when she hopefully back at 100%!

And let's hope now for Ammanmuradova or Doi in Round 1 of the US Open. The girl had enough bad luck this year!

And, sorry I have to go now for a metting with Dumbbot

Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote