TennisForum.com - View Single Post - I Played in the OutGames! (And won a medal!)

View Single Post

Old Aug 17th, 2011, 09:07 PM   #16
country flag CrossCourt~Rally

CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute CrossCourt~Rally has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Played in the OutGames! (And won a medal!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevos View Post
Hey friends!
This summer I'm in Vancouver and the international Outgames came and I got to play in them! Only the B division (there was Open, A, B, C and D divisions). I haven't played a tournament since high school so I didn't really no where to place myself, so I put myself in B, but I ended up winning the consolation tournament. It started out with like 32 players in the main draw. I lost my first match to a really talented guy, who ended up losing to the eventual champion. But I got to join the consolation draw and beat everyone in that to win that draw. Won the final 6-3 6-2 in my best playing in awhile (Masha-style (fake!)). Anyway I just thought it was funny, playing against a bunch of international gay tennis players (though most were Canadian, don't think people travel too much for these things unless they're really talented). But yeah!
I want to play more gay tournaments. It was a lot of older men, but they were definitely talented players. I got a medal that looks like a silver? But is obviously for consolation. Met some really nice guys too.

You should all play Outgames or Gay Games or whatever the hell those things are, I feel like theres so many different ones. Next one is in Antwerp 2013. There were sadly only like 10 women competing though? Where are all our lesbs??
Well done I would like to play the Out Games someday before I get too long in the tooth
CrossCourt~Rally is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote