TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

View Single Post

Old Aug 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM   #1701
country flag djul14

djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all djul14 is a name known to all
Re: Steffi Graf Admiration Thread Vol 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stef-fan View Post
Can I say "the Australians" are in love with her? This is Rennae Stubbs bringing up Steffi in a conversation.

SZ: Do you have a trainer at home who sends you work-out programs? Or do you have enough knowledge to do it yourself?

RS: In the last few years itís narrowed down to me being disciplined enough to do it in the gym myself. When I was playing at my prime I would go home and really have training periods and then go on the road and maintain as much as I could. I also like to push myself in practice. I would always push myself on the court during practice and I think that always helped me.

SZ: Because you were more prepared when you got on the court?

RS: I just liked to push myself out on the court. Steffi Graf was like that. She just worked so hard on the court nothing was harder than that

SZ: You have purpose when you play.

RS: You have to have purpose in practice. I tell kids now that I hit with that are sort of half-assing it in practice, ďListen I just want you to know that this is the way you are going to play for the rest of your life, because you canít practice one way and turn it around in a match. If you canít do it now youíll never be able to do it in a match.Ē Just being around Steffi Graf and some other greats through-out the years I saw that. Iím a pretty jovial kidding person but when I walked onto the court I was very serious about what I did. I think youíve got to have this yearning to be good everyday. Youíve got to surround yourself with the right people who also want success.

http://www.susanzaro.com/?p=848
^^^SHE is in love. (Yes I only post the same sentence again and again)
djul14 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote