TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

View Single Post

Old Aug 10th, 2011, 10:37 PM   #180
country flag Sasja

Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute Sasja has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Elise Tamaela knocked out and put on a drip by opponent's father

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadparrot View Post
Things are getting ridiculous now. Mihai Barbat was just on the news in Denmark telling his side of the story:

According to Mihai Barbat, he called the Dutch spectators "bad chickens" because of them cheering Karen's mistakes which he viewed as disrespectful. They misconstrued this as a racist slur ("black chick"). Then Tamaela went up to him, yelling "Do you want to fight?" and hit him. As a reflex, he put up his hands to protect his face and must have accidentally hit her with his elbow, knocking her out in the process.

To me, it sounds like bullshit, but there you have it. Discuss.

Can't imagine Elise coming up to him and challenging him to fight
And then he "accidently" hit her unconscious which results in Elise having a concussion. And even though it was an "accident" he still felt the need to flee and leave the country

Also witnesses said they were just cheering for Dani's winners and weren't disrespecful towards Karen at all. I mean it's just a 1st round of a 25k. Not like there was a whole bunch of Dutch supporters cheering.

DEL POTRO TSONGA MONFILS
LISICKI FLIPKENS MATTEK-SANDS ARVIDSSON KRAJICEK REZAI
Sasja is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote