TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Suzanne Lenglen Career Results

View Single Post

Old Jul 31st, 2011, 12:22 PM   #35
country flag newmark401

newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all newmark401 is a name known to all
Re: Suzanne Lenglen Career Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Friesen View Post
Perhaps I can dig up something in the newspapers here in Vancouver for the results when Suzanne was here. Just contemplating that she was here makes me tingly! It looks like end of Nov or early Dec - the year was 1926?
Four of the forty dates on the professional tour of North America in 1926-27, featuring Suzanne Lenglen, were in Canada. The source is Alan Little's biography of Suzanne Lenglen:

Tuesday, 12 October 1926, The Arena, Toronto, Canada

Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) d. Mary K. Browne (USA) 6-0, 6-2
--

Harvey Snodgrass (USA)/Mary K. Browne (USA) d. Paul Feret (FRA)/Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) 6-3 (one set only)
-----

Saturday, 23 October 1926, The Forum, Montreal, Canada

Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) d. Mary K. Browne (USA) 6-1, 6-1
--

Vincent Richards (USA)/Mary K. Browne (USA) d. Paul Feret (FRA)/Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) 8-6 (one set only)
-----

Wednesday, 1 December 1926, Willows Arena, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) d. Mary K. Browne 6-1 (one set only)
--

Harvey Snodgrass (USA)/Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) d. Howard Kinsey (USA)/Mary K. Browne (USA) 7-5 (one set only)
-----

Thursday, 2 December 1926, The Arena, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) d. Mary K. Browne (USA) 6-2, 6-2
--

Howard Kinsey (USA)/Mary K. Browne (USA) d. Paul Feret (FRA)/Suzanne Lenglen (FRA) 6-2 (one set only)
-----

Last edited by newmark401 : Aug 21st, 2011 at 08:56 PM.
newmark401 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote