TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Laura-Ioana Andrei!

View Single Post

Old Jul 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM   #14
country flag thadeuss

thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future thadeuss has a brilliant future
Re: Laura-Ioana Andrei!

An interviw with Laura (source)

Quote:
Reporter: An important victory for you against a very good frenchwoman (Mladenovici). What are your first impressions after the game?

Laura: I am very happy for this victory, it was a difficult match against someone who's flirting with the WTA top 100. It was the first direct meeting between us, I have not seen her play before. Perhaps she entered on court thinking she'll have an easy match, but I fought for every point, and look, the victory came.

Reporter: A high moral for you after this match, the next opponent will be Alexandra Damaschin. Do you know eachothers?

Laura: Even if we are romanian, we met a long time ago. Alexandra is younger than me but she is a talented, very well prepared physically and hard working player. I'll enter on court motivated as today, and I want very much to enter the MD.

Reporter: What expectations you had before the start of the tournament?

Laura: It's a good start for me, I hope to play better from match to match. Today I felt great because I had the public and my family's support.

Reporter: What's next for you?

Laura: I will continue after this tournament, at the same rate, ie playing bigger ITF tournaments. I wish to play WTA events as soon as possible. The ranking points will be very important in the coming period, I hope to gain as many to catch up my Top100 romanian colleagues.

Reporter: BCR Open Ladies, an ITF event which in the near future can become a WTA one. How can influence you, the [romanian] tennis players, organizing such an event in Romania?

Laura: It's the first edition of the BCR Open Romania Ladies and for us, having such a big tournament in Romania is very important. Also, the public support is very important to us when we are on court. The idea of ​​having a WTA event in Romania is great. The points that we could gain would be essential for our careers. From a financial perspective would be an advantage for us, I'm from Bucharest so I would not have to pay for trips that are very expensive.
thadeuss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote