TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

View Single Post

Old Jul 15th, 2011, 01:46 PM   #78
country flag wiwa

wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all wiwa is a name known to all
Re: Sofa-coaching: Match Review and Discussions 2011 Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Willy you're obsessed with Flavia's power forehand!
Aren't we all obsessed by the motion of tennis, especially when it is performed by beautiful bodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanuts View Post
Willy you're obsessed with Flavia's power forehand!
that really made me think once more about the forehand

For me as a non-player, Flavias forehand is a riddle. Have you noticed that the full stretched forehand is better than the standing forhand? It is not like she lacks power.

I compare it to Rafa, because the motion of her swing is as short and jagged like his. Other women used to have a wide open swing long before they go into the ball.

And I really think that her long arms is a handicap, too. IMO She has not the right balance and timing during the strike. And now she's hitting a million forehands during the training, with exaclty no result. Kill the coach for that!

Here some photos of her fh. They look so weird to me, because the arm is bent that much: