View Single Post

Old Jul 12th, 2011, 02:58 PM   #88
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: 2011-2012 recruiting - "speculation only"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
The list is in my head.

2nd_serve you would be hard pressed to even find another ranked team who lost 2 former #1's, not related to grades, in a span of a decade.

2nd Serve.... one foolishly turned pro (everyone but she and her sister knew it was a mistake)... the other was dismissed for disciplinary reasons (amongst other reasons, refused to travel with team but rather with her husband; also once refused to go on road trip because her husband would not let her travel without him. It was a mess but that team did beat UCI ).

Hmmm... two # 1'2 in span of a decade: I'll take a shot though it's does not completely correlate since the # 2 in 2010 should have been # 1 (see BW Tourney results, subsequent transfer position and history of stacking being questioned by other BW coaches at this school)

2000 UCI # 1 (transferred to USC) and 2010 UCI # 2 (who was in fact their # 1 if played where she should have been)

2nd Serve - My Question: Which is worse - talented girls bailing out for other programs or girls leaving that never play college tennis again?

1-14-1*
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote