TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Petra Kvitova News and Articles

View Single Post

Old Jul 4th, 2011, 12:34 AM   #10
country flag cosmoose

cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute cosmoose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/t...a-2306313.html

Skoda-driver Kvitova makes fast progress to conquer Sharapova
Quote:
...Compare that with Kvitova's upbringing in Fulnek, where her father, a former teacher, is the deputy mayor. Nearly 200 miles east of Prague, the town has a population of just 6,000.

"There is nothing special there," Kvitova said. "We have four tennis courts, one football ground and a castle. Until I was 16 I only played for an hour or an hour-and-a-half after school. I didn't have any sparring partners. I just played with my two brothers and my parents. I didn't think that I could be a tennis player. My father was my coach until I was 16 or 17. My parents then encouraged me to move to Prostejov, where I saw people like Tomas Berdych practising."

Kvitova, who has an apartment in Fulnek, makes the one-hour drive to Prostejov every day in her Skoda. "I don't think I'll buy a new car," she said when asked how she might spend the Ł1.1m prize money that goes with her Wimbledon win. "I've seen some Skodas here [in Britain]. They are superb!"

Check out Stefanie Vögele's facebook fanpage!
cosmoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote