TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Jul 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM   #2793
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by perseus2006 View Post
Those you mentioned were nearly always among the favorites at every tournament, I completely agree. They were favorites though regardless of being the #1 Ranked player. In fact those players were not usually the #1 Ranked player when they were the favorites! For example, Serenka was considered the favorite at 2011 W with a ranking of 320!

So you can pontificate all you want about the #1 Ranked player but the WTA has not changed its definition: the #1 Ranked player is the one with the most points in her "best 16 tournaments" over a rolling 52 week period. That's the definition. That's it. That's all it means.

One little thing: a player's best 16 tournaments, for top 10, must include:

The Majors
The Premiere Mandatories
Two best Premier 5's

I know having the actual information about a thing or issue can be inconvenient. Facts just mess up otherwise brilliant one liners and devastating propaganda initiatives. It is seen everyday and it's an extremely serious problem for our fact-challenged politicians in the USA.

Not to the general public / casual tennis fan, though.

They think a No.1 is someone like Fed / Rafa or now Nole who's winning shit (incl. slams) left, right and center.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!