TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Erika Sema Cheering Thread

View Single Post

Old Jun 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM   #18
country flag -sugi-

-sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute -sugi- has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Erika Sema Cheering Thread

I checked Erika's match out today. I was really interested to see her live, I'd never seen her before. Here are a few scattered notes.

As the score reflects, she played really well. Her main issue seemed to be that she lacked the power, but made up for it with real fight, engaging in many really long rallies from the back of the court which often ended with Erika tiring Vrljic out. She also seemed to struggle with the Croat's backhand slice alot, and some of the spins thrown at her, and like most Asian players kept hitting the ball flat and reasonably deep in the court. She did have trouble closing both the first set and the match out, needing a bit of help in the first set, wasting several chances in a long deuce game. She got broken as well in the final set when she was up 5-2, if memory serves. But she showed alot of fighting spirit and never gave up, the crowd which had gathered to watch the match seemed to support her more than Vrljic and applauded her shots more and offer some words of encouragement.

I was also really impressed with her work ethic, after the match, she spent over half an hour running laps around the grounds which was pretty interesting.

Sorry about how scattered and random the above is. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

IshizuMcHaleRiskeCrawford
CornetSchmiedlovaLepchenkoTakaoTatishviliLushkova
TanasugarnMiyamuraGonzalezAoyamaWatson
I miss Ai. Rebecca and Shinobu
-sugi- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote