TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Rules thread - 2013

View Single Post

Old Jun 4th, 2011, 06:22 PM   #10
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to play and rule thread - 2010

Quote:
How to solve ties

1. The player who is closest in games guessed.
2. The player who guessed the winner.
3. The player who got the most correct picks in the semi final. If the same, move backwards to quarterfinal and so on.
4. The player who posted the fastest post in the final. If no one posted in the final go backwards to the semis and so on.
Maybe a suggestion for 2012.

I don't really like the #4 rule. I mean if someone is able to post their pick earlier than another, it doesn't mean their pick is better.

For example at RG there was the situation:
Quote:
RANK/PLAYER____________R1___R2___R3___R4___QF___SF___F---TOTAL

1. KeisukeHonda........47...54...30...24...15...12---7-----189
2. longtin23...........47...54...30...24...15...12---7-----189
3. BlackPanther........49...56...36...20...15....6---7-----189
I think it's okay to have a shared 1st place in that case. Now KeishukeHonda is #1 only because he posted the pick earlier than longtin23, which actually doesn't make it better in any way. So I suggest if points 1, 2 and 3 doesn't solve the tie, to give out a shared position.
In this example the winner would be KeisukeHonda and longtin23, and #3 BlackPanther (he had less points in the semis than the other 2).
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote