TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Alison Van Uytvanck

View Single Post

Old May 18th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #116
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Alison Van Uytvanck

Quote:
Originally Posted by fouc View Post
first q - what is generally LTA policy for WCs? Do you think she has a chance to get a QWC for Wimbledon?
I think its a possibility, for example a few years ago I recall they gave a main draw WC to Pavlyuchenkova who was ranked 311 at the time. Like Alison she had lost in the 1st round of the juniors the year before but unlike Alison Nastya also had won several junior Grand Slams. Having said I think it's a possibility I would also have to say it's probably a long shot. As someone who will be going to the Wimbledon qualifying and would love it if Alison is playing I hope I'm wrong. They do tend to give a couple of QWC to non Brits so it could happen. Fingers tightly crossed.

Oh and this is an interview I just saw of Alison after the match, worth watching I think.