TennisForum.com - View Single Post - Iva Mekovec cheering thread

View Single Post

Old May 18th, 2011, 07:15 AM   #11
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Iva Mekovec cheering thread

^^Great news! Goes to show Iva is much better than her ranking suggests. It'll be interesting to see how she does in R2, although I can't understand what happened to Kowase that she lost so easily (maybe sickness or something, or just a bad day). Unfortunately Iva won't get to even play qualies of Paris, but it would be nice to see her alongside Vekic in the main draw of at least one junior slam this year.

Also, my understanding and following of junior tennis is obviously not extensive enough, cause what I wrote above about her move up the rankings is wrong by quite a bit. First of all, I didn't realize that she played G1 in Santa Croce earlier this month, qualified and lost in R2, because of which her ranking this week rose to #365. And even if she loses R2 here, she's sure to jump to around 315 - those are correct numbers now, I've double checked

Good luck Iva!
ma re is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote