Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Athens, Greece
Re: Tennis Tipping #21a | Roland Garros |
Roland Garros 2011 - Pick Your Draw
Don't you often curse the manager for giving you a bad TT draw? Well for this event you will need to find someone in Paris to blame. Wouldn't it be great if you could choose your spot in the Singles Main Draw? You will have a great opportunity to do that at this years TT Roland Garros, so please read the instructions below to tell you how it is going to work! You just have to pick one player from the Roland Garros Main Draw entry list. Her place in the Roland Garros Main Draw will determine where you'll be in the TT Singles Main Draw. e.g.
- TT 1st seed = RG 1st seed
- TT 2nd seed = RG 2nd seed
- TT 3rd and 4th seeds can choose between the RG 3rd and 4th seeds
- TT 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th seeds can choose between the RG 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th seeds
- TT 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th seeds can choose between the RG 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th seeds
- TT 13th, 14th, 15th and 16th seeds can choose between the RG 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th seeds
- TT 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th seeds can choose between the RG 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 24th seeds.
- TT 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st and 32nd seeds can choose between the RG 25th, 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st and 32nd seeds.
- If you aren't a TT seed, then you will be able to chose any other player who is not seeded in the main draw. But don't worry, if you forget to pick a player, then the managers will choose a vacant player in the draw for you. But be aware that you might then get a bad place in the draw depending on the players left, so don't blame us for that!
- What if your selected player withdraws or becomes a seed? In that case, the alternate who takes her place will be your new pick.
- Changes are allowed up to the time of the Roland Garros Main Draw Ceremony, but you cannot pick a player who has already been picked by someone else.
As soon as the TT Main Draw Singles list and the WTA Main Draw Singles lists are known, we will ask you to pick your player by posting your pick onto this thread - so keep a close eye on the instructions which will be posted on this thread in the few days before the Roland Garros Main Draw Ceremony.
Good Luck Everyone.
Gert and Shaun
p.s. Thank you to Tytta! and keqtqiadv on MTF for their kind permission to use this draw concept for TT Roland Garros.
Please note that the singles entry deadline is set for next Wednesday 18th May at Noon CEST
Immediately following the deadline, an up-to-date singles entry list will be posted, showing the list of all the TT players in the Main Draw and Qualifying Draw.
In the following 48 hours (between Wednesday 18th May Noon CEST and Friday 20th May Noon CEST), the Main Draw TT players will then have the opportunity to pick a WTA player from the real RG Main Draw as detailed in posts #10 and #67 of the TT Roland Garros thread. The player you chose will ultimately determine you position in the TT Main Singles Draw
Good luck Kaia and Anett in 2014
Also Wozniacki, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Clijsters, Stosur, Gajdosova and K-Kookie!!
TT: Rank Singles 88 (High: 31), Doubles 42 (High: 5)
Best run singles: WTA: W - Tashkent '11, F - Seoul '10, QF - Roland Garros '10, Madrid '11, R4 - Wimbledon '10; ITF: F - Barnstable '11, QF Biberach, Torhout, Cagnes-sur-Mer '10
Doubles: WTA: W: Wimbledon' 12 (w/Kevin.), Bad Gastein '11, Bali (TC) '11, Guangzhou (w/Blackeagle) '10, RU - Madrid '11, Seoul '10, ITF - W: Nassau '11; Minsk'10 (w/Blackeagle)
Last edited by Kylger : May 18th, 2011 at 09:58 AM.