TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Apr 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM   #1096
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

WTA Estoril, QF:

Monica Niculescu def. Jarmila Gajdosova 5-7, 6-4, 6-2

130 points and TOP 50 HERE WE GO!!

This was an epic match for sure and it's a pity that it hasn't been streamed! So, I will look what Corswandt will post tomorrow and I am very curious about his impressions!

Monica started well leading 4-0 and 5-3, but when she served for the set she choked away some SPs to lose the first set eventually by 5-7.

In the second set, still down by her missed chance, she found herself again trailing by 2-4. Then 4 games ina row to win this second set as if she wanted to prove that she isn't the mental midget anymore she used to be. Last season at this point she would given the match up for sure or would have lost it after 4 hours and many wasted chances, but not today!

Moni dominated the completely down Jarka in the last set, so that she was able to hold her service games comfortably in the last set winning it by double break 6-2.

But apart from her mental strength and fighting spirit, another two things were quite impressive and remarkable! She took all 7 BPs she had in the overall match!
And won 70% of all points on her 2nd serve, which has only been a consecution of the stats against Sloane yesterday!

In the semi, she will face Medina Garrigues. Moni is the underdog for sure, but she came along well with this role in her matches against BMS and Jarka!

Good luck Moni!

Last edited by Curcubeu : Apr 28th, 2011 at 03:53 PM.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote