TennisForum.com - View Single Post - ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

View Single Post

Old Apr 7th, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2233
Break My Rapture
Heaux

Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute Break My Rapture has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty24 View Post
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...mailbag/1.html

It seems that Sharapova's lack of mental toughness is evident in her recent losses -- the most recent beatdown now at the hands of Azarenka (and not as close as the 6-1, 6-4 scoreline suggests). Sharapova seems to be finished as a Grand Slam contender, ( this guy clearly hasn't watched many of her matches recently) but can we at least expect her to make second-week runs at the majors?
--Gaurang Abhiman, Chicago

• Five points on Sharapova:

1) She probably has mid-eight figures banked. She's engaged. She has other interests. She has three Slams to her name already. I credit her with grinding it out, still possessing the motivation and will to climb back up the ladder.

2) She's in the top 10 and, if you check out the points, is a likely top five member by Wimbledon.( I thought she would be only top 8. If she's in the top 5 that would be amazing)

3) Until she repairs her serve, it's hard to see her winning seven straight matches. When the serve goes, so much else -- not least your confidence during points -- goes with it.

4) Canon may have whiffed with "Image is Everything." But Sharapova's catchphrase, "Make every shot a power shot," is, sadly, accurate. I can't recall a top player who plays with such little nuance.

5) A few of you have mentioned this but I can't find it anywhere. Apparently Bill Simmons has quite a funny riff about Sharapova's intended, Sasha Vujacic. Can someone fill us in? Sound promising.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1In9GSHNj
Does Na Li ring a bell?
He clearly has never watched tennis at all.
Break My Rapture is offline View My Blog!