TennisForum.com - View Single Post - *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

View Single Post

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 02:15 PM   #35
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute
Re: *Vika Azarenka Cheering Thread* - Vikalume 3.

Honestly, she played great in that tournament, but you could still see some signs of her struggles in the early part of the year. Serving has been better recently but she actually only won 52% of serving points against Masha. Even in the first set, which she won 6-1, she only won 56% of serving points. However she was able to keep Masha to only 41% on her own serve. So her returning saved her. And the DF to lose the BP at 5-3, as well as the run from 4-0 to 4-3 all reminded me of her struggles in the early part of the year. There are still some issues, particularly under pressure and holding serve. She just returned so well and rallied so well that it was hard to notice. She didn't have to serve under pressure in these recent matches because she played so well in other aspects. I still find her serving under pressure very questionable. It's important to note that she didn't have to serve the match out.

However, that was still the best I've seen from her in a long while.

The issue I have with Vika is that she seems to get tired and/or injured after playing well. We'll see if she can sustain this form into the coming tournaments.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!