TennisForum.com - View Single Post - The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

View Single Post

Old Apr 3rd, 2011, 12:52 AM   #1077
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
But Moni is in superb form and clay is her favourite surface!
I wouldn't say clay is Monica's best surface at all. She is rather atypical of the Romanians in that way. I'd actually say her best surface is grass. The grass rewards her game a lot as her slices and dropshots stay really low and she is able to get to the net to volley more. Also her serve is less of a liability on grass than on any other surface. When Monica had been slumping badly for the 1st half of last year it was at Wimbledon where she was able to snap out of it. Oh and the best match I have ever seen Monica play was at Wimbledon against Magda Rybarikova in 2008. This was an amazing match.

But really Monica can play well on any surface if she is playing well and she can struggle on any surface when she is not. Hopefully Monica will be able to carry over her fine form of March onto the clay season though. I hope so. Monica has very few points to defend from last years clay season so if she does do well she should easily get into the top 50 by the start of the grass season and maybe even before RG.